Sure! There’s a lot out there for the general public which you can find at book stores, and then there are others for the more serious which may need to be ordered online. Here are some that come to mind, and I can always add to the list later. Perhaps I can make a page on my blog fully dedicated to books and sites to check out? If you (or anyone else) would like me to make a page like that, let me know!
Everyone has different opinions for each book, but I’ll trust you guys to read reviews and the like before buying anything (always a good thing to do). Also, palaeontology’s such a huge variety of different topics, and seeing as I specialise mainly in theropods, I may not have a book fully on the Palaeocene for example. So here are a mix of books that come to mind - and again - if you guys want me to make a page for these kind of references, I can!
- The Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs by Gregory S. Paul
- Vertebrate Palaeontology by Michael J. Benton
- The Dinosaur Heresies by Robert T. Bakker
- Dinosaurs: The Most Complete, Up-to-Date Encyclopedia for Dinosaur Lovers of All Ages by Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
- The Complete Book of Dinosaurs by Dougal Dixon
- World Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Creatures by Dougal Dixon
- Digging Dinosaurs by John R. Horner
- The Elements of Palaeontology by Rhona M. Black
- Prehistoric Life: The Definitive Visual History of Life on Earth by DK Publishing
- Applications of Palaeontology: Techniques and Case Studies by Robert Wynn Jones
- Bringing Fossils To Life: An Introduction To Paleobiology by Donald Prothero
- Introduction to Paleobiology and the Fossil Record by Michael J. Benton
- Tyrannosaurus Sue: The Extraordinary Saga of the Largest, Most Fought Over T. rex Ever Found by Steve Fiffer
- Basic Palaeontology by Michael J. Benton
- Top Selling Paleogeology, Paleontology & Fossils Textbooks on TextBooks.com
- Palaeontology, Palaeobiology, & other fossils books on Amazon.com
- Palaeontology section list on GoodReads.com
- Special Papers in Palaeontology, Evolution and Palaeobiology of Early Sauropodomorph Dinosaurs by Paul M. Barrett / David J. Batten / The Palaeontological Association
- Palaeontology Journal Information : BlackwellPublishing.com
- Special Papers in Palaeontology, Studies on Fossil Tetrapods by Paul M. Barrett / The Palaeontological Association
- Special Papers in Palaeontology, Conodont Biology and Phylogeny: Interpreting the Fossil Record by Mark A. Purnell / Philip C. J. Donoghue / The Palaeontological Association
- Special Papers in Palaeontology, Silurian and Lower Devonian Thelodonts and Putative Chondrichthyans from the Canadian Arctic Archipelago by T. Märss / M. V. H. Wilson / R. Thorsteinsson / The Palaeontological Association
- palass.org The Palaeontological Association website
- paleosoc.org The Paleontological Society website
There’s a few, haha! Also, things that are just (or even more) important would be published research papers. I usually read those more than I do a book I can get at the store. It all depends on what I’m looking for, but I hope this list is of some help!
Hey followers, this is good for all you palaeontology enthusiasts out there!
How did you reblog an ask post?! Teach me your ways!
And here you guys go - for anyone else interested. I’ll be making a page fully dedicated to links for books, so keep an eye out in the future for it!